Admission Requirements for Higher Education in Serbia
The admission requirements for higher education institutions in Serbia vary. Each institution determines its own admission requirements. Read on to know about the basic requirements and application procedure for study in higher education institutions of Serbia
For Bachelor Degree Programmes
Students who wish to pursue bachelor degree programme or integrated study programme at higher education institutions in Serbia are required to have completed 4 years of secondary education and passed an entrance examination.
For Master programmes
Students who want to enroll in the master degree programme of 1 year must hold a bachelor degree with 240 ECTS credits.
Students who want to enroll in the master degree programme of 2 years must hold a bachelor degree with 180 ECTS credits.
For Doctoral/PhD Studies
Students who want to undertake doctorate studies in Serbia are required to a finished master’s studies and received a minimum of 300 ECTS points. Also, there are many other requirements, such as published papers, minimum GPA, etc.
Admission requirements vary depending on the study programme and institution. Contact the institution to know about the requirements on specific study programmes.
Students must apply directly to the relevant higher education institution and programme of their choice. Students can apply online. Fill in the application form and submit it with the supporting documents. Before applying, check the admission requirements. Contact the institution to know about the admission procedure.
Submit the following documents to the institution:
- Educational documents: At least two copies; secondary school leaving certificate and higher education diploma and transcripts.
- Identification document and passport-size photos
- Birth certificate: Must be translated into Serbian
- Proof of proficiency in Serbian or English language (depends on the language of the study programme undertaken)
- Proof of sufficient means of subsistence
- Letter of acceptance issued by the Serbian higher education institution
- Details of published paper, journals or research work
- Recommendation letter: At least two
- Statement of Purpose: Cover the reason(s) of studying in Serbian higher education institution and the chosen programme, what you hope to acquire from this study abroad programme, and what after this programme.
Students may be required to undertake an entrance exam or aptitude test depending on the field of study chosen. Contact the respective institution of higher learning to know more about the application procedure.