Student Visa and the Immigration Procedure
Students from non-EU/EEA countries must apply for a visa in order to study in Serbia. Students from many countries are allowed to enter the Republic of Serbia without visa for maximum of 90 days.
Students from many countries do not need an entry visa for the Republic of Serbia. To know whether you require entry visa for Serbia, click here
International students must fill in the visa application form and submit it to the nearest Serbian embassy or consulate
along with the required documents. The form can be taken from the nearest diplomatic mission of Serbia.
International students must provide the following to the Serbian embassy or consulate:
- Visa application form
- A valid travel document and a passport
- Letter of acceptance issued by the Serbian higher education institution
- Passport size photographs
- Evidence of sufficient funds for staying and studying in the Republic of Serbia;
- Health insurance
- Proof of accommodation in Serbia
- Return ticket
- Visa fee
- Medical Examination Report
Register After Arrival
All the international students are required to register their arrival in the Republic of Serbia at the nearest police station.
Temporary Residence Permit/Temporary Stay Visa
International pupils studying in Serbia for a period of more than 90 days are required to get a temporary residence permit after entering Serbia. An academic exchange student is also required to get a temporary residence permit in order to stay in Serbia.
Visa processing time:
- A valid travel document and photographs
- Application form for temporary stay and fees
- Health insurance document
- Proof of adequate means of subsistence
- Purpose of stay document: Indicating the reason to stay in Serbia for more than 90 days
- Accommodation proof
- Certificate from the higher education institution attended
Validity: The temporary stay visa is valid for 1 year, and it can be extended for up to 3 years.
To know more about the visa for Serbia, contact your closest Serbian embassy/consulate.