Steps of Choosing the Right Course to Study in Serbia
Serbia offers a wide range of courses at undergraduate, master and doctoral study levels. Students must follow the mentioned below steps while “Choosing the Right Course to Study in Serbia”.
Step 1: Ask Yourself
- What are my goals-personal and professional?
- Why study abroad in Serbia?
- What I hope to achieve from it?
- What interests me?
After you know the answers to all the mentioned above questions, move to the next step of choosing the right study programme in Serbia.
Step 2: Set Priorities
Determine what facet of study abroad in Serbia is more important to you- the programme, location, a new language, the opportunity to travel, or any other reason.
Also, decide the course you want to undertake in Serbia as per your interest and goals.
Step 3: Research
Research about the study programme and institutions offering the programme. Check the following things:
- Requirements of the programme and that particular institution
- Is the programme taught in local language or English?
- What are the facilities provided by the institution?
- What are accommodation options available?
- What is the fee structure and the payment procedure?
Basic Admission Requirements
For bachelor studies: Students who wish to pursue bachelor degree programme or integrated study programme at higher education institutions in Serbia are required to have completed 4 years of secondary education and passed an entrance examination.
For Master studies: Students who want to enroll in the master degree programme must hold a bachelor degree with 180-240 ECTS credits depending on the duration of the programme.
For doctoral/PhD studies: Students who want to undertake doctorate studies in Serbia are required to a finished master’s studies and received a minimum of 300 ECTS points.
To get detailed information on the admission requirements and procedure for undergraduate, master and doctoral study programmes at the Serbian higher education institutions, click here
Students who are accepted will get a letter of acceptance.
Step 4: Apply for Scholarships
- The student must be recommended by the Government of state participating in the scholarship and exchange project
- The students’ age must be-
- For undergraduate studies: Below 21 years
- For master’s studies: Below 25 years
- For doctoral/PhD studies: Below 35 years
- Language requirement: Good command of Serbian or English language
Step 5: Apply for Visa and Temporary Residence Permit
Students from non-EU/EEA countries must apply for a visa in order to study in Serbia. International pupils studying in Serbia for a period of more than 90 days are required to get a temporary residence permit after entering Serbia.
To know about the temporary residence permit application procedure, click here